- Prepare outfits and hair ahead of time. This will reduce your stress and keep everyone happy.
- Make sure everyone comes with a full stomach. Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to give the kids during the shoot. Avoid anything that would be messy.
- Tell your family that it is going to be fun and to be themselves. The more relaxed they are when they arrive, the better your pictures will be.
- Let your photographer know if you prefer more fun and candid shots instead of serious images.
- Don’t get frustrated or angry with your family while preparing for the shoot. When that happens, it is very difficult to get anyone in the mood to have a laugh while their picture is being taken.
- Don’t get in the way of the photographer unless they ask for your help. Many times the parent telling their kids to “look at the camera and smile” invokes a forced grin. Let the photographer work with your kids to get them laughing and looking at the camera.